Come check out the view at The High Line!
Details for Monday 10/25 10:30-12 noon Portrait Party meet-up at The High Line:
All artists are welcome, whether they work digitally or traditionally, and whether they are currently Portrait Party members, or would like to become members for the day (so bring yourselves and feel free to invite friends as appropriate). It would also be helpful if you let me know if you’re thinking of coming, but it’s not required.
When: Monday, Oct 25th, 10:30 AM – 12:00, followed by lunch at Chelsea Market for those who can make it.
Where: The 14th Street entrance to the High Line Park
- The stairs into the park are between 9th and 10th Avenues
- Meet at the top of the stairs, inside the park
We’ll be somewhere visible from the top of the stairs until at least 11 AM
Park Website: http://www.thehighline.org/
Park Map: http://www.thehighline.org/about/maps
How to get there:
The following subways stop at 14th Street near where we’ll gather in the park:
- L / A / C / E to 14th Street & 8th Avenue
- 1 / 2 / 3 to 14th Street & 7th Avenue
If you’re on the east side, you can take the following bus across town along 14th Street:
- M14 ( http://www.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m014cur.pdf for schedule & map)
What to Bring:
- If you can, please bring an 8X10 inch sign that says ’JKPP’ in large, bold, letters.
- Something to draw with, something to drink or nibble on.
What if it’s raining/freezing/etc?:
- If it’s very cold or raining, we’ll retreat to the Chelsea Market
- Head north / uptown to get to Chelsea Market
- It’s between 15th & 16th streets, along the park.
- We’ll gather inside the market at Sarabeth’s Kitchen (See map: http://www.chelseamarket.com/visitors/ )
Questions, comments, jokes?: Reply below and let us know.